To start with, it all depends on the severity and extent of the urinary incontinence issue. In very many cases, incontinence can be countered with mild exercises that train the muscles and restore their function. There are, however, more intensive treatments. In certain cases, your doctor may prescribe medication, while other cases require surgery. Depending on the case, your doctor will decide on the best solution for your incontinence.
Until the incontinence has disappeared, you can normally continue your daily activities, following some practical advice and choosing the right care products. The full Sani incontinence product range offers effective “Sensitive” product design with carefully selected materials that are skin friendly hygienic protection without irritation.
Natural ways to deal with light urinary incontinence
- Maintaining the right body weight – weight loss contributes to better bladder function.
- Regularizing bowel movements – countering constipation always helps counter incontinence, as a full bowel exerts pressure on the bladder.
- Consuming liquids – a good consumption rhythm during the day is necessary, as well as avoiding diuretic beverages, such as chamomile, tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Hygiene aimed to counter urinary tract infections – recurring urinary tract infections may lead to a weakening of the urinary tract.
- Kegel exercises – exercises that strengthen the muscles of the pelvis.
Consult a specialist
You must never forget that discussing your urinary incontinence problems with the right people is bound to lead to the best solution. The right diagnosis by a specialist is the first step towards relief: he will help put the problem into perspective. He will find the right, and probably definitive, solutions for your urinary incontinence.
The first step, then, is to visit a specialized Urologist or Urologist/gynaecologist. The clinical examination in combination with the right tests will reveal, to start with, the causes of the incontinence.
Only your doctor can suggest the best solution for you. It is important, however, that you know that a solution exists. Ultimately, you must never lose your zest for life!
Kindly contributed by Urologist – Andrologist Surgeon, Dr Charalambos P. Asvestis