Incontinence: so what? Look on the bright side!
Seven thoughts that will help boost your self-confidence and take positive steps towards effectively dealing with incontinence:
- You are not alone. Urinary incontinence is an issue that many people around you face, although you’d never know it.
- Incontinence is not a permanent or incurable condition – Even if you need to take medication or undergo surgery, incontinence can be treated.
- Incontinence in women is not related to age – Even young women experience urinary incontinence.
- At some point in our lives, all of us will have to live with a health problem… Incontinence is one of the mildest such problems.
- By now, you know how to listen to your body. Learn it, observe it and take the right care of it.
- Learn to share your burdens and trust other people. It’s time for you to speak up…and see how much support you can get from your loved ones.
- Self-confidence is…dealing with a situation and solving your problems. When you realize how you can calmly and methodically solve a problem that used to overwhelm you, then you’ll see that everything has a solution and that you are the right person to find it!
Most people dealing with urinary incontinence issues avoid talking to their doctor and their loved ones, as they tend to believe that incontinence is a problem that affects older people and that makes them feel embarrassed or even ashamed.
The truth, however, is that incontinence is a symptom that can appear at any age and for many different reasons. You should, in any case, know that both mild and severe forms of incontinence can nowadays be treated with an effectiveness that reaches 100%.
So, if you are among those who, following surgery or a pregnancy or even due to age, are faced with the unpleasant and often uncomfortable symptom of incontinence, now is the time for you to start enjoying the quality of life you deserve on a daily basis and to put yourself in the right frame of mind so you can enjoy every minute.
The first and most important step in that direction is to speak to your doctor and to get the right information. Remember: you have nothing to be ashamed of! With the right information and the specialized help you will receive from your doctor, which is always tailored to your specific case, he or she will be able to offer you the right treatment to handle your incontinence symptoms. Other than possible medication, your doctor will be able to suggest different ways of dealing with the issue, such as surgery or simple Kegel exercises or yoga, that will help you get better control of your bladder.
Change daily habits that exacerbate incontinence symptoms. Make sure you stop smoking, as it can alter the pelvic muscles. Keep to a healthy body weight, that will help your bladder to function better. Don’t drink too many diuretic beverages, such as chamomile, tea, coffee, carbonated beverages and alcoholic drinks from the afternoon onwards.
Lastly, make sure you get the right incontinence products that will offer you protection from leakage, will be skin friendly and as discreet as you need them to be so that you can get around freely and confidently. The complete Sani Sensitive incontinence product range is here to offer you the right product for you and your needs!